Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Beauty hacks

Every now and then, I like to discover some beauty hacks that I must say, make my life much easier. I've certainly invented my own and I'm very sure other people have come up with the same or similar ones. In any case I sure love beauty hacks and take notes of those I find online, in books or in magazines. So here below is a list of some of my most favorite beauty hacks.

Baby powder for oily hair. This beauty hack could easily substitute the so called "dry shampoo". For all those times when you don't have time to take a shower, but your hair is looking oily, and you don't have any dry shampoo or don't know it exists (this was me). This is when having baby powder comes in handy, just sprinkle sparingly and remove any excess, before heading out the door. It also makes your hair smell good.

White shimmery eyeshadow for under eye circles. One day, while trying to simplify my beauty routine, I discovered a little beauty hack, which has worked wonders for me. Applying white or translucent shimmery eyeshadow on my under eye circles instead of heavy duty concealer. My eyes looked more refreshed and with a little illumination or subtle sparkle. For this hack, I recommend using a slightly shimmery eyeshadow, and to blend carefully, also keep in mind that for this hack "less is more".

                         

Concealer or foundation to brighten and lift brows. I've seen a lot of products for highlighting under the brows for a lifting effect. I find the same result can be achieved with a bit of foundation or concealer, applied under and above the brows. Sometimes I use either foundation or concealer for this, and it truly gives my brows a lift and gives them a clean and polished look.

Clear nail polish to seal cheap earrings and prevent allergies. If you really want to wear some cute earrings but your ears are sensitive to other materials that are not real gold or silver. This is when you can try this hack, just seal the earring wire with clear nail polish, to prevent the material from directly touching your ear's sensitive skin, and therefore prevent allergies.

Eyebrow powder added to hairline to conceal thinning hair. When my hair started thinning and my scalp looking a bit baldy in certain spots, I quickly came up with a cheap quick fix. I decided to add some of my dark eyebrow powder to my hairline, to cover those small patches of thinking hair. I can say that it really helped and looked natural. So I recommend that If you are going to try this beauty hack, make sure that the brow powder you use matches your hair color.

These are just a few of my favorite beauty hacks, I hope these fun ideas can be helpful and serve to simplify your beauty routine. And now a question to all the readers ... What's your favorite beauty hack? feel free to comment on the section below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment